What Are Gmail Add-Ons?
Gmail add-ons are extensions for your Gmail account. They add functionality to your email. The best Gmail add-ons allow you to do things like:
- Speed up time-consuming tasks (like writing a long email).
- Reduce time by automating repetitious jobs (like scheduling emails) and deleting or organizing old emails.
- Make email management more efficient or enjoyable.
- Increase the efficiency of tasks like newsletter distribution and client payment collection to help your business grow.
Ready? Let’s start! The list below includes the 7 best Gmail extensions for team and inbox empowerment.
1. Sortd Gmail
The Sortd Gmail Add-on connects your Sortd account to your Gmail account. It enables you to convert emails into tasks and add notes and reminders to emails. It also supports email organization via drag-and-drop. This extension requires a Sortd account. A free plan has limits. Main features include:
- Notes and reminders can be added to emails.
- Email organization via drag-and-drop.
- Boards for Kanban.
- Emails can be marked for follow-up.
- Rename the subject lines of important emails to make them stand out.
- Convert emails into tasks.
2. MeisterTask for Gmail
MeisterTask for Gmail, which links your inbox to your Meister account, is another good option for people who use their inbox as a task management tool. You can easily access your task board and create new tasks within your inbox.
Please keep in mind that this Gmail add-on requires a MeisterTask account. They provide a free “Basic” plan that includes an unlimited number of tasks, projects, and collaborators. Paid plans begin at $7.50 per user per month and include unlimited integrations, automation, and improved reporting. Main features include:
- Create new tasks directly from your inbox.
- Control project boards.
3. Simple Gmail Notes
Simple Gmail Notes is an extension for Gmail that does exactly what it says: it lets you add simple notes to your emails. It can assist you in quickly returning to specific emails by providing helpful information for timely follow-up or simply giving context. It is 100% free and open source. Main features include:
- Make a note of emails in your inbox.
- Save your notes to your personal Google Drive.
- Multiple Gmail accounts are supported.
- Well-organized people.
- Professionals in sales, marketing, and customer service.
Boomerang is yet another excellent Gmail extension. It is an email outreach productivity tool that does not pretend to be anything else. The most exciting feature is the AI that assists you in writing better emails. Boomerang is free for up to ten emails per month, with an unlimited plan beginning at $4.99 per month. Main features include:
- Email in bulk.
- Email templates for a variety of situations.
- Email writing with AI Assist.
- Salespeople and SEOs who rely on cold emailing for a living.
- Account managers must send professional and timely emails.
5. Mailtrack for Gmail
Have you ever wondered what happened after you sent an email? Mailtrack for Gmail employs a Gmail-compatible tracking script that indicates whether or not the message was opened. It is advantageous for those who work in customer or prospect-facing roles. This Gmail extension provides real-time notifications and a detailed breakdown of all activity in a custom dashboard. The extension is completely free and unlimited. Main characteristics include:
- Check to see if your email was opened.
- Receive real-time notifications when someone opens your email.
- View a summary of recent activity on the emails, you monitor.
- Salespeople who primarily communicate via email.
- B2B marketers and SEOs.
- Account Executives.
- Customer Success Representatives.
6. Contact Out
You can instantly find your leads’ email addresses and other contact details directly on their LinkedIn or Github pages by installing the ContactOut Chrome extension. This sophisticated tool accesses a database of over one billion email addresses that have been validated, enabling it to offer contact details with a large volume and a high level of accuracy.
This product also includes a dashboard for organizing your leads and exporting your list to your smartphone and a people search site for finding prospects in any industry who are not on LinkedIn. Both of these features come standard with the tool. It can also integrate with Salesforce and Greenhouse.
Grammarly for Chrome will correct your grammar and spelling errors in Gmail in real-time. It will also suggest improvements that are not strictly based on grammatical rules. It is compatible with a free Grammarly account. Main features include:
- It checks your grammar and spelling.
- Provides suggestions for how to improve your sentences.
What Can I Do With Gmail?
If you use Gmail, you might be surprised at how many things you can do with the service. Here are some Gmail tips and tricks to help you get the most out of it:
- Include An Email Signature
If you use Gmail, you can quickly add an email signature to your messages with a few clicks. Click the gear symbol in your email and select Settings.
Scroll down until you find Signature on the General tab, then enter your desired text in the box below it. Additionally, you may decide whether or not to include your Signature in each message by checking or unchecking the box next to the phrase “Include signature.”
- Create Filters
With Gmail’s filters, users can automatically put emails into different folders based on who sent them and what words are in the subject lines. To create filters, navigate to Settings > Filters & Blocked Addresses, click Create a New Filter, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make Use Of Canned Responses
A canned response is a feature in Gmail that allows users to create and save multiple email templates in their inbox. Before using this feature, you must enable it in your Gmail Settings and create templates known as ‘canned responses.’
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Which Gmail Add-On is the best?
- A: No app is the “best.” Different apps are helpful for other things depending on what you want to do with them. If you can’t find a single program that accomplishes everything, try combining them.
- Q: What are the prices of Gmail add-ons?
- A: Most apps are free but only have a few features. Some apps have paid versions with more features and support. App prices vary depending on what they do but most cost less than $20 per year, and some cost as little as $5 per month.
- Q: Can I test these apps before purchasing them?
- A: Yes! Most Gmail Add-Ons provide free trials so you can test them before committing to anything.
Gmail add-ons and extensions are third-party programs that provide many additional features. My favorites help me do more in less time. Not all of these Gmail extensions and add-ons will be game changers for you. Sortd, MeisterTask, and Simple Gmail Notes, on the other hand, can help you better organize your inbox, and Boomerang and Mailtrack can help you do better follow-ups.
Why? Because if they can save you even 20 or 30 seconds on a single email or task, you can calculate how much time you can “earn back” each month. Plenty, to be sure!
Email is our primary communication and an essential component of everyday life. You want to use Gmail to its fullest. I investigated the best Gmail add-ons to assist you and your team in collaborating, communicate, and simplifying the work processes.
But don’t rush. Too many extensions can slow your browser, and some are incompatible. Keep it simple. Choose your extensions wisely and eliminate the ones you don’t use. Work smarter, not harder going forwards. Now it’s your turn: which Gmail extensions and add-ons do you use? Which one couldn’t you live without?